Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Winds of Change

For the past 9 months I have knitted, crocheted and sewed compulsively, in every spare moment I could find.

Then just as suddenly as the urge to create came upon me, it has up and left. The item I was eagerly knitting last week has been lying dormant on my needles for four days now...

You know what, I think I just took on too much and it all became a bit of a chore. I started out knitting and sewing little fun things - amigurumi and vests for bub. Then suddenly I'm knitting and sewing my own garments. I got in way over my head.

And now it's time for me to take a step back and let go of the need to create. It's about ebb and flow. Even the act of creation must be balanced with reflection.

Since 'quitting' knitting and sewing (I'm sure I will return to it one day soon, just at a less feverish rate), I have been decluttering the house like mad, exercising more and spending quite a bit of time just sitting round staring into space.

It feels good, so I'm going to run with it.

Photo from the fascinating http://www.treehugger.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment