Friday, July 31, 2009

Beelarong Community Garden

On Wednesday afternoon we visited Beelarong Community Garden in Brisbane's east. It was really inspiring to see all hard work that the community gardeners had put into their plots. There were so many vegies growing! Even some that I had never actually seen being grown before (like zucchini hmm...)

Plots are available to members of the community for an annual fee. I would so love to have a plot there to tend, as our yard at home is on the small side. However being in the midst of raising small children I have been forced to admit to myself that now is just not the right time for me to realise my vegie growing dreams. One day...

Just down the road from the Community Garden is a paddock where horses are agisted. I am always delighted to find little "rural" pockets within the heart of suburbia!

No comments:

Post a Comment