Friday, August 14, 2009

Imitative Play

From a very young age toddlers are interested in imitative play. One thing that is a big feature in the daily routine around here is hanging the washing out to dry! Now that the weather is getting a bit warmer and the days a bit longer, I do two loads a day, one goes out in the morning and the second at lunch time. Usually DS is content to play with the pegs and pull the washing out of the basket (and drop it onto the dusty ground...). But this afternoon I set up a little play line for him (a bit of twine strung between two fence posts next to our actual line), and he is mighty impressed.

Between the "play line" and his little "play kitchen" DH fears that I am turning our boy into a perfect housewife. But I don't think there's any chance of that with me as his role model!

No comments:

Post a Comment