Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My First Garment

Ta da! Introducing my first garment.

Simplicity Pattern 4589.

Following a pattern for the first time was interesting to say the least! I just got my first little sewing machine in February and haven't had any lessons, so it was just a matter of muddling my way through.

I have since made a second top, in a larger size (and using a different fabric), and there was a lot that I learnt in making the first that I applied to make the second better. It was great to just get in and have a go. The end result is not too bad. I will wear it. Mostly out of stubbornness....

It is such a great feeling to be able to make things by hand.

Oh, and the top's not actually lop sided, that's just the way I am standing!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on your efforts - I am sure this new skill will bring you much joy in the years to come. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete