Thursday, October 8, 2009

HOME Film

This morning I watched a really inspiring film on You Tube (trailer only above). Well, the first 1hr and 20 minutes of it was really inspiring. So I recommend just watching that. Then press stop and go away and consume less and do all you possibly can to halt the dramatic devastation we as a species are wreaking on the planet.

The last 10 minutes are supposed to be inspiring and hopeful, and for the most part they are. But the part about the wind farms and the solar panels, to me that was just a giant cop out.

While I agree that the only true surplus that we can harness is energy from the sun, where are the resources going to come from to build all these acres of solar panels if we have already used up the majority of the earth's mineral deposits?

Less people and a heck of a lot less consumption is the only solution I can see.

Here's the link to the full film.

No comments:

Post a Comment